Full-time; lunchtime finish on Fridays!; part-remote working - circa one day per week in office near Bath; £20k-24k DOE; June start date
The Agile story
We're Agile, an award-winning marketing and events agency in the publishing and wider cultural sector. We are committed to bringing stories to life, with a niche for running literary campaigns and prizes. For a small team, we make a big impact in the industry, and are adding new projects to our rostrum all the time.
We currently run or manage The An Post Irish Book Awards, The Nielsen Bestsellers in association with Coutts, The Telegraph Sports Book Awards, The Wainwright Prize, The Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards, and are retained by many more prizes and campaigns from across the cultural sector.
Founded in 2004, we have recently broadened our proposition at home and abroad, and with the digital side of our projects more important than ever before, we are looking for a passionate and creative marketeer to lead our digital campaigns, with a keen focus on social engagement.
The all-important role
The Marketing and Social Media Executive will help us to deliver market leading campaigns, increasing both the reach and engagement of our campaigns with consumers and the trade. The role can be primarily remote, but to ensure we stay creative, connected and engaged, one day a week will be at our office near Bath. Working closely with our Project Director, this is a pivotal role in the Agile team - our campaigns are only successful if they are seen! Our digital campaigns have become more important than ever in the last year, and as we return to live events, effectively integrating the two will be a key part of the role.
What you'll be doing
• Managing social media channels across all our consumer-facing brands, as well as Agile's corporate platforms - key tasks include generating and managing strong partnerships, copywriting, scheduling content, developing campaign plans and overall social media strategies.
• Creating innovative campaigns - coming up with ideas for new content, partnerships and activations.
• Manage our websites and online communities, developing content strategies to deliver audience growth.
• Creating and managing content for Agile's monthly e-newsletters, as well as ad hoc prize specific consumer e-newsletters.
• Running effective and creative marketing campaigns that enable us to deliver against reach and engagement objectives.
• Collaborate with company & client designers to produce professional, creative & engaging marketing materials, such as prize posters, magazines & digital assets.
• Liaise with key stakeholders, including publishers, retailers, media partners & sponsors to ensure the successful delivery of book prize campaigns.
• Liaise with editors, agents & publicists of high-profile individuals throughout prize campaigns.
• Event management responsibilities, including talent management, managing guest lists, creating call sheets, and organising presenter briefings.
• Liaison with photographers, film crew and publicity contacts at events.
• Fulfil requests for information from the media & consumers.
• Draft press releases and improve company's network of relevant media contacts.
• Support the promotion of our sister company, NB Books Magazine - including devising marketing strategies to increase subscriber base.
What we can offer you
• £20-24k, DoE
• Half-day on Fridays!
• 20 days' leave, with an extra day off for your birthday.
• Flexible working hours (e.g. Designer works 10.30-6.30, & Production Manager works 7-3.30 to fit around their timetables).
• As a growing business, we are always finding ourselves in new, exciting environments. In the 12 months prior to the pandemic, we interviewed a bestselling author in Delhi, dined with sporting superstars, executive-produced a prime-time books TV show, and orchestrated a special audition with Simon Cowell on BGT…
• We also own a literary magazine, and if you so choose, you can pen reviews of your latest and greatest reads, with the opportunity to write feature articles.
• Back-stage access at star-studded award ceremonies in London, Dublin etc.
• Alongside the social perks of the job, we are incredibly serious about our staff's professional development, and provide opportunities for online and in-person development courses.
• Stunning grounds around office, including access to on-site outdoor swimming club.
• FREE BOOKS!
What you need to bring with you
• A minimum of 2 years' experience working in a marketing or social/digital media capacity.
• Demonstrable experience working on creative marketing campaigns across digital platforms, ideally within the literary sphere.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills essential - ability to build and develop strong relationships essential to success in the role.
• A love of books is non-negotiable - it's important you believe in the value of our events (don't worry, if you're crazy about romantic novels, or have read the entire Booker longlist, we won't discriminate as long as you love to read!).
• Undergraduate degree, ideally in a relevant field such as English Literature, Marketing or Communications etc.
• Previous experience in publishing sector highly desirable, although not essential.
• Working knowledge of WordPress for website updates (experience using of Elementor page-builder a bonus, but not expected).
• As a small team, we all muck in at our live events, so experience working in this environment great... but only a positive attitude is essential!
• Tech skills - you'll need to be comfortable with the main tools used by marketeers as well as social scheduling software. Ideally, you'll have a basic knowledge of Adobe products to help our design team develop prize artwork.
• Willing & able to work the occasional late evening for prize ceremonies and dinners in the UK & Ireland.
• Ideally, should own a car, as office is a couple of miles from the nearest train station (Bradford-on-Avon).
• A proactive self-starter with first-class communication (written & verbal) and an attention to detail.
• Passion for your craft and bundles of energy!
Please submit your application with accompanying cover letter by Friday 4 June 2021. Start date as soon as possible - some flexibility to allow for notice periods, but you must be available to begin the role by 1 July at the latest.
Please head to Agile's career site to apply for the role – agile.recruitee.com.