Salary: circa £35k-£40k p.a. (depending on experience/seniority within our pay bands)
Location: working from home for the foreseeable, London thereafter, but with opportunities for flexible working
Start date: ASAP
Following the recent news of Canelo’s shortlisting for Independent Publisher of the Year by the British Book Awards, we are looking to firmly establish ourselves as the most exciting new publisher in the UK. This role, our first Sales vacancy with a 100% focus on print, has been created to help realise that goal.
Paperbacks are already the fastest growing area of our business, and we have a real and pressing opportunity to make a further impression on the trade. Whether it is with our flourishing new Canelo Crime imprint, our upcoming non-fiction/history programme, or with a fiction backlist already selling well into the millions, this is a list of high-quality, commercial and promotable books, with significant medium and long-term potential.
If you are an ambitious, proactive, creative salesperson, with a love not just for books, but especially for getting them to the widest possible readership, we would love to hear from you. We want to secure prominence for our paperbacks across leading UK trade accounts, find new channels to market, and meet high-level sales targets, and now have the set-up and the roster of authors to achieve this.
You will be entrepreneurial, self-reliant, have nous and a can-do attitude, and solid experience of the commercial fiction market. As our retail partnerships are so vital, we will especially prioritise those who can demonstrate great relationships with buyers and retailer teams.
This role will report directly to the Sales & Marketing Director.
● Develop productive working relationships with leading UK print retailers and wholesalers
● Help establish sales plans, strategies and projections across assigned accounts
● Manage our growing online paperback sales
● Open new accounts to increase the print sales footprint
● Liaise with colleagues in Publicity and Marketing to create effective and memorable campaigns
● Help develop appealing discount and genre-led offers to attract orders from key customers, including independents
● With the Sales & Marketing Director, oversee a co-op and merchandising budget to attain the placement and promotions our writers deserve
● Help build and emphasise our commitment to truly inclusive publishing across the full breadth of the market.
This role has the scope to grow and evolve, as part of a collaborative and ambitious team. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from those of minority or under-represented backgrounds.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.