Flint Culture is an award-winning communications consultancy that specialises in the cultural and creative industries
Terms and Conditions
Start Date: August 2021 (subject to availability)
Contract: 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Working Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week, including lunch break)
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Probation: 3 months
Location: Currently home-based, but the usual place of work is in Farringdon, London
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus all UK public and bank holidays
Pension: Flint Culture offers a workplace pension plan with Royal London currently with 5%
employee and 3% employer contributions after passing 3 month probation period
You will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
We deliver campaigns worldwide through offices in London, Dubai, Istanbul and Delhi supported by an international network of Associates. Our work is driven by specialist expertise, regional insights and a belief in the value of culture.
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager from the arts and culture sector to join our London team. The role requires a team player who is highly organised and motivated, has an excellent understanding of the media with strong contacts, and a track record in establishing client relationships and delivering brilliant campaign results.
The ideal candidate will have proven communications experience within an arts organisation or PR agency, a genuine passion for arts and culture and an understanding of the range of ways in which cultural clients can communicate with their audiences, including creating and sharing digital content. They must be comfortable with speaking to the media but also have the ability to advise clients and manage a varied network of audiences, stakeholders and partners.
The role is instrumental to the agency and sits at the centre of campaigns across the arts and culture sectors, including but not limited to commercial galleries, museums, art fairs, public institutions and contemporary art platforms.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
● Planning and implementing strategic media and digital campaigns for clients
● Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
● Creating and editing press releases, media lists and publicity plans
● Creating and overseeing digital campaign strategies
● Working with stakeholders and partners in the corporate, events and culture sectors
● Managing press trips, client events, private views, photocalls, press offices and
● Building and managing relationships with a strong network of UK and international
media Participating in new business development, including researching and writing
new business proposals and pitch presentations
● Contributing to Flint Culture social media and brand development
● Managing account teams and colleagues (the UK and international) and working with
the leadership team
Skills & Experience Required
● Minimum 3 years experience in a communications role, either within an arts
organisation or PR agency
● Demonstrable experience in team leadership and management
● Experience in working with and influencing national and international, consumer and
specialist print and broadcast journalists to achieve positive media coverage
● Experience in working with external stakeholders and partners e.g. sponsors, exhibitors
and project partners
● Experience in managing social media platforms (including Twitter and Instagram) and
working with social influencers
● Experience in using media monitoring and media databases
● Proven experience in managing client relationships
● Ability to develop and implement measurable and ambitious press campaigns,
integrating digital and social media strategy
● Superb written and verbal communication skills with strong copywriting and editing
● Excellent organisation and time management, with the ability to work under pressure,
meet deadlines and multitask within a busy environment
● Determined, proactive, and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
● Flexible approach to work with the ability to attend evening and weekend events where
● An arts-related degree, BA or MA
● IT skills to include Photoshop and Mac software
● Experience planning and implementing digital marketing strategies encompassing the
following key areas of expertise:
● Paid Social
● Display advertising
● Paid Search
● Search Engine Optimisation
● Languages desirable
How to apply
To apply for the role, please provide a CV and covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the role’s requirements to Chantal Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Account Manager in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 10 am on Friday 16 July 2021
First interviews: will take place on Wednesday 21 July & Thursday 22 July 2021 via video call.
Second interviews: will take place during the w/c 26 July 2021 via video call.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to join us and influence and develop our working practice. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates from Asian, Black or ethnically diverse backgrounds and candidates who self-identify as disabled. All candidates who self-identify as disabled who demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria will be invited for an interview. Flint Culture is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.