Midas Public Relations is looking for a creative and dynamic books publicist to join our team, working with some of the biggest and most exciting brands and authors in the publishing world
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented PR with 2-3 years' experience, looking for the next career step. You will be delivering creative and impactful publicity campaigns for Midas PR's publishing clients, working across fiction and non-fiction titles, with a variety of publishers as well as on cross-industry initiatives.
Midas PR is the leading independent communications agency for books, publishing, culture and the arts. Our publishing clients include Audible, Books Are My Bag, Cheltenham Literature Festival, Wellcome Book Prize and BookTrust, as well as authors Nicholas Sparks, Peter May, Mark Edwards, James Haskell and Ian Hislop, plus publishers Little Brown, Canongate, Head of Zeus and Quercus.
The role is a full-time permanent position based at Midas PR, George House, 61 Kensington Church St, Kensington, London W8 4BA.
Knowledge, skills & experience
• Proven track record of planning and executing your own book publicity campaigns
• Excellent media contacts and demonstrable success at securing high profile coverage
• Passionate about books and publishing, as well as author care
• Outstanding writing and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisational and event management skills
• Self-motivated, hard-working and a team player
• Flexibility to work on book campaigns across genres, as well as cross industry initiative
• Minimum 2 years' experience working in a busy PR team, either at an agency or in-house
What we're offering
• The opportunity to work with some of the UK's leading publishing brands
• A supportive team and a stimulating work environment
• Internal training and mentoring to help you progress in your career
• Competitive salary and benefits
• 23 days' holiday (+3 days for office closure between Christmas and New Year)
If you are interested in applying please email your CV and covering letter by 1st February to: