Do you want to be part of building a global digital publishing house?
Saga Egmont are expanding our presence in the English language markets and we are looking for a candidate for an exciting and challenging role based in our offices in Copenhagen, Denmark. If you love audiobooks and are you a native/bilingual English speaker, we’d love to hear from you!
SAGA Egmont is a digital publishing house which has existed since 2014. We digitise and publish e-books, audiobooks and print-on-demand in Danish, Swedish, German, Polish, Spanish and a number of other languages, giving old and forgotten books a new life, as well as publishing new and exciting front list titles and Saga Originals. Saga is part of Lindhardt og Ringhof, an Egmont company. See more at www.sagaegmont.com.
Saga is expanding in the English language markets and is therefore looking to hire a full-time Audiobook Editor.
Primary tasks for the Audiobook Editor will include:
- Ensuring the highest possible quality on all audiobooks
- Securing audiobook rights
- Scouting and selecting titles for audiobook production
- Registering titles in our IT-systems
- Sourcing new studios
- Liaising with studios and other audio partners
- Managing the production of 600+ audiobooks yearly
- Liaising with the Production Manager on creation of covers
- Optimising metadata
- Analysing sales data
- Helping to coordinate and prepare existing catalogue for market campaigns
- Together with the editorial team represent Saga English Language as a digital publisher and partner for authors/rights holders, business partners and other stakeholders within the publishing industry
Preferred qualifications for the right candidate:
- has a relevant university degree (BA or MA)
- has previous experience in international publishing, e.g. within rights management and/or digital publishing and/or audiobook production
- has general knowledge of international literature
- has the ability to quickly adapt to different IT-systems of high complexity
- is not afraid to call strangers on the phone and to negotiate
- is not afraid to take on trivial tasks such as registering books in our systems, and will do so with efficiency and energy
- is agile and not afraid to take initiative - has a positive outlook and is happy to work in a team
- has the following language requirements: English (native or bilingual proficiency) - any other language skills will be considered a plus but is not a requirement.
What we offer:
- Work in young dynamic start-up-like environment, where no two days are the same
- Active role in building a new English language publishing house
- Day-to-day cooperation with an inspiring international team that knows pretty much everything about up-to-date digital publishing
- An opportunity to acquire experience in new ways of publishing books
- Full-time employment contract
- Workplace in newly refurbished offices in the centre of Copenhagen
The role is based in Copenhagen, but we welcome applications from applicants of all nationalities.
If you have any questions about the position, contact Project Manager, Nikoline Nordfred Eriksen, email@example.com.
Copenhagen K, DK, 1148
If you are interested, do not hesitate to send your application via the "Apply now" button before 26 November 2020. We will review the applications as they come in. Please note that we do not accept applications via email.