Do you want to be part of building a global digital publishing house?
Are you a native/bilingual English speaker? We are looking for a candidate for an exciting and challenging role at Saga Egmont in Copenhagen, Denmark. Maybe you’re a sales and marketing expert looking to combine your love for books with your passion for B2C driven marketing, or maybe you’re an IT graduate who knows exactly how to break through Amazon’s algorithms and analytically optimise digital book sales? Perhaps you have experience from the publishing industry or from other parts of the media industry. Whatever your background, we look forward to hearing how you can help Saga grow.
SAGA Egmont is a digital publishing house which has existed since 2014. We digitise and publish e-books, audiobooks and print-on-demand in Danish, Swedish, German, Polish, Spanish and a number of other languages, giving old and forgotten books a new life, as well as publishing new and exciting front list titles and Saga Originals. Saga is part of Lindhardt og Ringhof, an Egmont company. See more at www.sagaegmont.com.
Saga is expanding in the English language markets and is therefore looking to hire a full-time Sales and Marketing Coordinator.
Primary tasks for the Sales and Marketing Coordinator will include:
• Together with the team define sales strategy for front list and backlist audiobook and e-book catalogues
• Cultivate relationships with both distribution and sales partners
• Define and launch price campaigns for audiobook and e-book backlists
• Define and execute a sales strategy for all backlist titles
• Implement deals with external partners
• Research possible B2C activities for Saga and execute on those
• Negotiate exclusivity deals with sales platforms
• Develop marketing material for the editorial department
• Define and create marketing interface with SoMe, landing pages, ads and banners
• Set-up a blogger review army for front list titles
• Together with other marketing managers define and execute campaigns on various media platforms
• Negotiate deals with blogs and review sites and execute activities on these, analyse effect and adjust
• Together with the Programme Manager define Sales KPIs, analyse and adjust sales performance according to activities
Preferred qualifications for the right candidate:
• has a relevant university degree (BA or MA)
• has previous experience from sales and marketing roles
• has knowledge about search engine and sales platform algorithms and can use this knowledge in a sales and marketing context
• has experience in Industry/Performance Trends, Sub Industry Analysis, Industry Event Insight
• has the ability to quickly adapt to different IT-systems of high complexity
• has an interest in international literature • is not afraid to call strangers on the phone and to negotiate
• is agile and not afraid to take initiative
• has a positive outlook and is happy to work in a team
• has the following language requirements: English (native or bilingual proficiency) - any other language skills will be considered a plus but is not a requirement
What we offer:
• Work in young dynamic start-up-like environment, where no two days are the same
• Active role in building a new English language publishing house
• Day-to-day cooperation with an inspiring international team that knows pretty much everything about up-to-date digital publishing
• An opportunity to acquire experience in new ways of publishing books and new ways of selling digital products
• Full-time employment contract
• Workplace in newly refurbished offices in the centre of Copenhagen
If you have any questions about the position, contact Project Manager, Nikoline Nordfred Eriksen on email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Copenhagen K, DK, 1148
If you are interested, do not hesitate to send your application via the "Apply now" button before 26 November 2020. We will review the applications as they come in. Please note that we do not accept applications via email.