Ultimate Library in partnership with Soneva Fushi, a 5-star luxury resort on Baa Atoll, opened the first Pop-Up Bookshop in the Maldives in December two years ago to worldwide acclaim
The shop will be opening its doors once again in November. With Soneva Resorts best-loved for its Robinson Crusoe-style laidback luxury, the return of the Pop-Up Bookshop creates the ultimate vacancy for a desert island bibliophile: barefoot bookselling, in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
The bookshop was created to reflect the stunning natural environment and intelligent luxury that Soneva Fushi provides. While most of us find that holidays are the only opportunity we get to read for pleasure, finding the perfect book that enhances your destination and opens your mind can be a challenge. Previous Barefoot Booksellers have provided guests with unforgettable literary experiences from writer’s workshops to personal reading consultations. We are interested to see what new ideas you can bring to the role!
The lucky individual will have full pre-departure product training with the Ultimate Library team, prior to flying to the Maldives to join the Soneva team for a 6-month placement ending shortly after Easter 2021. The ideal candidate will be an experienced bookseller/publisher and a team player with a passion for books and the ability to engage with guests of all ages. They will have excellent written and verbal English skills; a lively tone of voice to write an entertaining blog that captures the exhilarating life of a desert island bookseller, and the skills to host workshops and other guest experiences. They must have the ability to fit in with the distinctive Soneva culture.
The Soneva Fushi Resort has its own medical centre and is currently a Covid-19 free zone.
Activities, duties & responsibilities
· Day to day running of a small bookshop including sales management, engaging with guests & hosts
· Responsible for all stock management and reporting back on sales & stock updates
· Hosting experiences for Soneva guests such as creative writing classes, reading therapy, and literary events with visiting authors.
· Running the Barefoot Bookseller social media presence, including Instagram
· Writing monthly blogposts & creating entertaining and informative newsletters
· Liaising with Ultimate Library & Soneva marketing teams on potential events and collaborations
Required Skills & Experience
· Excellent written & verbal English skills
· A love of reading & in-depth knowledge of both classical and modern literature
· Experience in bookselling/publishing is essential
· Strong knowledge of running social media pages and following trends
· Experience writing blogs or newsletters
· To be a team player and self-starter with a sense of fun and creativity
· Creative Writing
· TutoringOneline applications here.